Friday, February 20, 2015

Nola Bound!


Today I am leaving the bitter cold in Cincinnati, Ohio and heading to New Orleans, Louisiana. I will be meeting up with my friend Kourtney who lives in Mississippi. I somewhat spontaneously booked this flight because it was only $150 round trip through Allegiant! What a steal! Of course, you have to be careful because they will nickle and dime you on the small things like costs of carry on baggage and drinks in flight. Also, don't be shocked when you finally sit down in your seat and instantly feel like you are packed in like some sardines in a tin can on their way to a Caesar salad. It's ridiculous, my elbows are tucked into my gut right now trying to type because my surface is as wide as my seat and with the keyboard attached it has to be turned sideways on my lap to fit. But hey, you get what you pay for and all the flight attendants seem super friendly. Hat off to you Alligiant, I appreciate the super cheap flight, and the $50 rebate. Two thumbs up!

We will be spending a week in New Orleans exploring anything and everything that is free (because we are broke, just out of college kids, with student debt up to our eyeballs). Obviously there will be lots of drinking, eating, an dancing involved as well, because there is no way I am flying all the way down there and not experiencing bourbon street and all it has to offer. Lets not even get started on how excited I am to try authentic Cajun and creole food. Let the good times begin!

This flight smells like feet... and no it's not me, I left my shoes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment