Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Moving Down Under

So I have just finished up my first week of living in Sydney.  I haven't done much in the way of tourism because I have been busy apply for jobs and acquiring the right documents in order to get these said jobs.  I did however one day stumble up the harbor and the Sydney Opera House. It is most definitely as cool as it looks in pictures, now I would love to go see an actual show there.

The first week flew by so quickly because when I arrived on Tuesday, in order to stay awake, I applied for a couple jobs on a site called gumtree.  By that afternoon I had been emailed back by one company about an interview. I really had no idea what this job was all about because the description was very vague, but hey a jobs a job so I went for the interview on Wednesday. I thought the interview went terrible because it was the first time since I was 15 that I was in a group interview (weird).  Apparently, I looked more together than I thought because I got the job and on Thursday I was back for training. Turns out though that this job was essentially a door-to-door sales job and I am most definitely not about that life.  Yet, I stayed because I figured I could stick it out for a few months just so I could make a little cash then find a better job.  By Friday I learned that this was not the case at all. We had in the field training and I was miserable! I hated it so much that once I was on my own I hid in a bush so I didn't have to knock on any more peoples doors (I'm an idiot I know).  So after that work day I let the manager know that this job was not for me and went back to the internet to apply for more jobs. 
Throughout the week I was also apartment hunting and on Saturday morning after some very bleak tours I found my new home. It is a roomshare in Pyrmont, right next to Darling Harbor. I have five other roommates (don't worry dad, all girls) and a pretty  nice view of the city. Even though I quit my job I still jumped on this apartment because I was ready to get settled into the city. Luckily I saved up enough money back home that I have a nice little cushion to help me through until I find a job. 

Until next time, keep it classy people!


No comments:

Post a Comment